Fun facts about Rosemary
Rosemary is perhaps the most common herb found in Aussie gardens, renown for its versatility and durability, making it a great all-rounder in your garden. Along with its culinary uses, it also has a long history of superstition and medicinal uses. See some interesting facts below!
- In ancient years, rosemary was primarily used for medicinal purposes, such as; Improving memory, alleviating muscle pains and even used to encourage hair growth!
- Rosemary is a symbol of remembrance and commonly used at funerals.
- It was also used in ancient weddings, planted at the end of the ceremony as a ‘good-luck’ charm.
- A good handful of coffee grounds around the base of the plant will promote plant growth.
- The name Rosemary (Rosmarinus) derives from the latin words ros (dew) and maris (from the sea)
Get in contact with our team today!