The time had come for one of our clients, a landscaping contractor, to complete the new building project at Michelton Life Cycle Housing with the installation of gardens and walkways. Able Nursery was there to help; we know from firsthand experience, what landscaper’s expectations are of the plant material required for landscape architectural projects.
Michelton Housing Project
What the client needed
- Plants that required little maintenance and were suitable for urban environments.
- A variety of ground covers, small shrubs and tufting plants.
- Large quantities of each plant species.
- Availability of stock within eight weeks of order confirmation.
- Plants with mature root systems and ready for planting to ensure a high survival rate after planting.
What challenges the project presented
- We didn’t have enough stock of some varieties at the time of enquiry/confirmation order.
- Time line for contract growing was very tight.
- Keep within the landscaper’s budget.
- Not all the plants on the clients schedule were Able Nursery stock items.
- Sourcing of some tube stock to contract grow.
What we did
- Propagated more stock to fulfill required quantities by the expected delivery date.
- Used our extensive network system to source tube stock of plants we don’t usually grow. These were potted on according to the client’s plant schedule.
- Production team managed propagation and maintained stock through to completion providing high quality plants.
- Supplied all plants on time, on budget and on specific dates.