Botanical name: Tulbaghia violacea
Common name: Society garlic
This garlic-scented plant forms clumps, and in spring through to summer produces pink/mauve flowers above the foliage on tall stems. In addition to its spectacular look, the health benefits of society garlic are now widely recognised by the public.
Plant height: up to 50 cm
Plant spread: up to 40 cm
Care and Maintenance
- tolerates light frost once established
- tolerates drought once established
- full sun, semi shade
- planting season all year round
- medium water use
- fertilize in spring with slow release fertilizer
- remove spent flowers
- All plants have roots and are ready for planting.
- Water each day for 2–3 weeks after planting.
- Great for bedding, rockeries, containers, borders, tubs, mass and scattered plantings, this plant will thrive in any garden and looks amazing.