Able Nursery received an call from a council in south-east Queensland, who requested a quote for next day supply. The Able Nursery despatch team were already working to full capacity and facing difficult challenges. However, thanks to the extra hours put in by the despatch team, the council stock was picked, packed, and despatched, on time and under budget!
Council Supply Case Study
What the client needed
- Top quality stock.
- Hardy plants that could handle high pedestrian traffic areas.
- Large quantities of each plant species.
- Stock to be picked, packed, and despatched within 3 business hours of placing the order.
- Plants to be delivered by the Able Nursery delivery team.
What challenges the project presented
- Large number of plants required at late notice from the client.
- Staff already working to full capacity.
- Scheduling in an additional delivery at late notice.
- Ensuring quality of the plants were not compromised for quantity.
What we did
- Maintained close communication with all parties involved throughout the project.
- Prioritised our orders by urgency to accommodate the additional work.
- Put in additional hours after closing time to ensure that all stock was picked and packed for despatch first up in the morning.
- Supplied all plants on time and as specified by the client.