Botanical name: Acmena smithii minor Allyn Magic
Common name: Lilly Pilly Dwarf
A smaller growing, bushier form of the lilly pilly. It has attractive bronze coloured new growth with the older leaves a dark shiny green. Acmena smithii Minor has fluffy creamy-white flowers during summer followed by masses of brightly coloured berries. This is a tried and tested variety and great for thick hedges either formal or informal.
Plant height: up to 90 cm
Plant spread: up to 50 cm
Care and Maintenance
- tolerates light frost once established
- tolerates drought once established
- full sun, semi shade
- planting season all year round
- medium water use
- fertilize in spring with slow release fertilizer
- All plants have roots and are ready for planting.
- Water each day for 2–3 weeks after planting.
- Plant 70cm apart to create a hedge.
- Great for hedges, screens and as a shelter plant or just used as a general plant in the garden, this plant will thrive in any garden and looks amazing.