Botanical name: Cuphea mexicana var. compacta mauve
A low growing, bushy shrub covered with masses of small mauve flowers. Looks great as a low border and can be trimmed to the shape you desire or left to spread.
Plant height: up to 50 cm
Plant spread: up to 50 cm
Care and Maintenance
- tolerates light frost once established
- heat and drought resistant once established
- full sun, semi shade
- planting season all year round
- medium water use
- fertilize in spring with slow release fertilizer
- trim lightly after flowering to maintain a compact plant
- All plants have roots and are ready for planting.
- Water each day for 2–3 weeks after planting.
- Plant 40–50 cm apart as a border.
- Great for bedding, rockeries, containers, borders, tubs, mass and scattered plantings, this plant will thrive in any garden and looks amazing.
Terms & Conditions
All orders are pickup unless otherwise arranged. Able Nursery can provide shipping from northern Queensland down to southern Victoria through our own services and wholesale freight partners. Delivery times will vary depending on peak periods and order sizes.
All orders are pickup unless otherwise arranged. However, we understand that our opening hours may not always be conducive to your work schedule. If you require stock to be delivered, get in touch to find the minimum delivery fee to your region. We reserve the right to a minimum of 2 days turnaround for all general public customers.
Wholesale trade customers that have an account with Able Nursery are based on 30-day payment terms. New customers will be required to pay upfront on their first purchase before opening an account with Able Nursery. Please note, our wholesale rates are only open to customers in the landscape/construction/nursery industry, and we may ask for proof of your ABN at any time.
Retail customers will be required to pay card on arrival, or, via card over the phone before pickup. We do not accept cash.
Due to high stock turnover, images on our website are indicative and should be used as a guide only. We strive to provide the most accurate description of current plant stock to our clients before despatch.
The product information provided on the Able Nursery website is general in nature and is intended as guide only. We recommend that you seek further advice from our team regarding your individual circumstances.