Botanical name: Lomandra hystrix
Common name: Green mat rush
A native of most Australian states, this plant has leaves that are strap-like and flowers that are produced in spring to early summer. It is an extremely versatile and hardy addition to any garden and will tolerate almost any situation.
Plant height: up to 1 m
Care and Maintenance
- tolerates light frost once established
- tolerates drought once established
- full sun, semi shade
- planting season all year round
- medium water use
- trim foliage by half in spring every 3–5 years if needed
- fertilize in spring with slow release fertilizer
- All plants have roots and are ready for planting.
- Water each day for 2–3 weeks after planting.
- Great for spot planting throughout the garden or forming a hedge.
- Plant 80 cm–1 m apart as a border or plant throughout the garden.
- Will grow in waterlogged areas around rivers and streams.
Terms & Conditions
All orders are pickup unless otherwise arranged. Able Nursery can provide shipping from northern Queensland down to southern Victoria through our own services and wholesale freight partners. Delivery times will vary depending on peak periods and order sizes.
All orders are pickup unless otherwise arranged. However, we understand that our opening hours may not always be conducive to your work schedule. If you require stock to be delivered, get in touch to find the minimum delivery fee to your region. We reserve the right to a minimum of 2 days turnaround for all general public customers.
Wholesale trade customers that have an account with Able Nursery are based on 30-day payment terms. New customers will be required to pay upfront on their first purchase before opening an account with Able Nursery. Please note, our wholesale rates are only open to customers in the landscape/construction/nursery industry, and we may ask for proof of your ABN at any time.
Retail customers will be required to pay card on arrival, or, via card over the phone before pickup. We do not accept cash.
Due to high stock turnover, images on our website are indicative and should be used as a guide only. We strive to provide the most accurate description of current plant stock to our clients before despatch.
The product information provided on the Able Nursery website is general in nature and is intended as guide only. We recommend that you seek further advice from our team regarding your individual circumstances.