Botanical name: Trachelospermum jasminoides
Common name: Star jasmine
This evergreen perennial is a beautiful climber with rich, dark green leaves and star-shaped white flowers that have a sweet smell in summer. It can be grown against a wall, trained onto a trellis or as a ground cover.
Plant height: indefinite
Plant spread: up to 1 m
Care and Maintenance
- tolerates light frost once established
- tolerates drought once established
- full sun, semi shade
- planting season all year round
- medium water use
- fertilize in spring with slow release fertilizer
- All plants have roots and are ready for planting.
- Water each day for 2–3 weeks after planting.
- Space about 1 m apart to create ground cover.
- Great for bedding, mass and scattered plantings, this plant will thrive in any garden and looks amazing.